Wednesday, August 30, 2006

a fistfullof € ...


... and some definite pre-flight jitters, but I'm basically ready to leave. Leaving for a month is a bit of a challenge, I'd say. But not as much as I thought, and honestly, I'm finding it relatively easy, with some preperation, to put my normal life aside for a bit and submit to my thirst for adventure.

I'm meeting Ania, which triples the excitement for me. We haven't been together in person since Christmas, so this will really be a nice reunion for us. I'm counting the hours until I am able to look out on the Baltic Sea knowing I'll be in Warsaw soon. I can't wait to stroll down that jetway and find Ania waiting.

Summer is just wrapping-up here in New Mexico, and I know when I return at the end of September it will be over, and autumn will be in the air. It's been a fantastic summer for us here, with record rainfall and relatively low temperatures - it's a rare August when the desert is green. It'll be nice to transition from this season to the next in Europe. It will be nice to come back to Albuquerque and
see all the traditional signs of autumn - yellow cottonwoods, blue skies, balloons and roasting green chile. In a way, one of the best parts of leaving is coming home...

No comments: