Friday, September 15, 2006

Happy Friday !



We spent yesterday cruising on the Danube along the Wachau valley to the northwest of Vienna. It was a beautiful sunny day, and we were really impressed with the views of the castles, monastaries and abbeys along the river. Although I've been to many of the towns there (Krems, Melk and Dürnstein), I had never taken a cruise along the river. It was very romantic :-) We had a wonderful time, and, although it might have been nice to have more time in each place along the way, the views were spectacular, and I learned a little more about the history along that stretch of the Danube than I had known before.



We are headed off to the Belvedere palace this afternoon, to visit the Gustav Klimt exhibit, and view, among other works, his most famous - "Der Kuß". This evening, we'll probably go to a pub or two, and enjoy some socializing with the Friday night crowd in Vienna. We began the day with a relaxed brekkie which I was happy to be able to prepare for Ania. Such a treat to be able to cook for someone, and Kent's nice kitchen makes it an extra pleasure.

So, enjoy Friday and the weekend ! I know we will :-)

Tschuß!

No comments: